High-Temperature Glass Forging Lubricants for Super and Titanium Alloys
An advanced group of water-based, lead-free coatings specifically formulated to protect, insulate, and lubricate metals during forging and other hot working operations.
Coatings are available for the following metals:
- Titanium Alloys
- Stainless Steels
- Super Alloys
The coatings are applied prior to heating for forging and hot extruding.
Oxylub coatings are user/environmentally-friendly and require no special handling. The coatings can be readily adjusted to meet the requirements of hot-working operations.
Protecting metals during hot-working can be very cost effective. Oxylub water-based coatings are engineered to control the diffusion of gases into and out of metals. The coatings provide excellent metal movement while controlling surface oxidation. ATP customizes formulations to maximize efficiencies and cost-effectiveness.
- Water-based and lead-free to minimize problems with solvents and hazardous materials.
- Excellent lubricating properties to aid metal wetting and movement.
- Minimizes surface defects and secondary finishing costs... pickling, sand blasting and grinding.
- Controls oxidation by preventing gaseous contamination. Retards hydrogen penetration on titanium alloys.
- Coatings can be sprayed, dipped, flow coated or brushed.
- Available in a wide range of viscosities to aid workability.
- Excellent green-strength to allow billets to be loaded into the furnace without damage to the unfused coating.
- Extends die life while improving finished quality.
Metal Hot-Working Range
- Titanium Alloys 1400 F- 1850 F
816 C- 926 C
- 1850 F- 2050 F
926 C- 1121 C
- Super Alloys 1850 F- 2100 F
1010 C - 1149 C
- Stainless Steels 1900F-2300 F
We custom-formulate coatings to meet your hot-working needs.
Contact Us today for more information.